Senin, 20 Januari 2014

Our Big Day - 28th December 2013 (Part II)


The Pastorale was willing to open just for our wedding and so we could have the whole restaurant for our own private function. Atmosphere was great and everything was decorated in style, in sync with our yellow theme. Luc and I both love this restaurant for the fact that the chef and his staff were always nice to us, the food was excellent and never disappoints and the ambiance is great.

 I like the brightly lit rooms and white walls.

The menu was specially created for us!


 The table setting is simple yet stylish!


While waiting, everybody was served with champagne and canapes. The canapes were delicious especially the fresh oysters which I managed to slurped two and then followed by sips of the lovely bubbly.

 Here I was feeding hubby an oyster in the kitchen!

We took some nice pictures in the kitchen. This is what we both love - eat and indulge!

 Hubby is very happy...

 Dad is equally happy too!

 Butter & Salt

 Pastorale has also a wide range of Gins!

 Our first dish - Scallop with gooseliver, muesli & hazelnut

 A special olive oil bottled for Pastorale.

 Everybody is enjoying the dishes! 

 I love the wines!!!

 
My dad is so cute... 

Luc's best man, Dominiek gave a funny speech which everyone laughed their heart out.

 Then it was Ziling's turn. At first she was making fun of me by telling all my embarrassing moments but towards the end, it was really touching.

It was only natural that tears came rolling down my cheeks. I realised that I would miss my sisters very much and we no longer share the same room, bags and there will always be an empty seat at the dinner table.

Turbot with pumpkin, bergamot and capucine root

The next wine was the Chateau Latour 1995 which we brought from our cellar to pair with the main dish which is the capon. The wine was simply delicious!

Cheers!

Marie-Claire, Chef Bart's wife brought out the Capon to show to the guests. Capon is actually what we called a castrated rooster and this is slow-cooked until the flesh is so soft and tender that it simply melts in the mouth.
Capon with cauliflower, truffle, onion and whisky. It was the best chicken I've ever eaten and until today I was still craving for a slice of Capon.

Chef Bart deboning the Capon.

The desserts were paired with Chateau Y'quem 1998 which we brought two magnums to the restaurant and it was drinking so well! The Glenfarclas 1968 cask #699 was selected by Luc Timmermans and even guests who do not drink whisky had actually 2 drams! Need I say more?

 So tempting as I look at this picture...

 And then the wedding cake was whisked into the room...

 A Pierre Marcolini Chocolate cake arranged by Bart and made with Glenfarclas 175 Chairman's Reserve. The chocolate cake was heavenly and we wonder what happened to the 2 unfinished cakes?

 A nice picture with the chef. So nice of him to be here for our special day!

Look at Luc's reaction!!! He has a soft spot for chocolates...

And ME of course!!!



1 komentar: