After my meeting on Thursday and Friday in Singapore, I decide to stay over the weekends for some leisure time and some shopping for warm clothings for my Europe trip this Saturday. I read that it was freezing cold in London and I haven't even got the checklist ready for my 2 weeks trip. Worst of all, I haven't even got my train ticket from Amsterdam to Paris! Apparently Thalys does not accept credits cards outside of Europe and now I am frantically asking around if someone has an European credit card.

I got the clothings and jacket from Uniqlo and a pair of really comfortable flat pumps and socks from Muji (from Ion Orchard). A friend asked me if I am into Japanese clothings because I am getting everything from Japanese stores. It's not the case. I like these stores because I knew that I can get what I wanted and although they are a little more expensive, these are good quality items. Total spending SGD$300.
The Ritz-Carlton, Milennia Singapore is actually a very nice hotel to stay in. Although it's not my usual hotel that is located in Orchard Road, this hotel overlooks the Marina Bay and the view was just breathtaking.
The view overlooks the Marina Bay Sands, The Helix Bridge, Marina Bay's Floating Stadium which featured a very cool floating soccer field and you can even see One Fullerton from up here. The white dots that you see on the water is actually helium balloons. There were thousands of them floating on the water. I heard that these balloons are for the wishes.
Ok, my pictures sucked but the real view is really nice. The rooms are luxurious and what I loved most is the big windows in front of the bed and there is one too at the bathtub. I was also advised not to take a shower with the curtains opened! lol.. The bed is so comfortable and it's huge and in fact the room size here is much bigger than what you get in the hotels at Orchard Rd.
The best deal is that - they gave complimentary Valrhona chocolates! These Valrhona squares come in milk and dark variants. It's just perfecto!

The Club Lounge does serve breakfast but the selection is rather limited. I had some chinese steamed dumplings, roasted potatoes, cheese sausages which is very crunchy and delicious and some omelette. The view here is just great and at the same time, I can actually watch the ongoing Singapore Marathon.
The Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2010 saw a big participation this year with 60,000 people joining the 3 routes which includes a full marathon (42.195km), half marathon (21.1km) and a 10km marathon. The full marathon starts at 5am and is flagged off at Orchard Rd. By the time I had my breakfast at 10am, I am still in time to catch the action as I see them passing by the Marina Bay.

I had a flight to catch at 1pm and I decided to leave at 11am so that I do not miss my flight due to the traffic conditions. Many roads were closed for the marathon and lucky I was at the airport early and had enough time to do my GST claims and browse through the duty free shops.
I had such a good time there and looking forward for my next trip to the republic again.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar